Starting 2017, in my efforts to become a learning machine, I have started reading books.
The easiest and cheapest way to become a learning machine is to read more books.
Is it worth spending $10 USD on a book that tells everything a person X has learned on Y for his whole life? I believe so.
In addition, I’ve done the “math”. Reading for 15-20 minutes a day will help you finish reading dozens of books a year.
Convinced already? let the learning begin!
Amazon is where I buy books.
If you can buy a physical book, I strongly recommend that. Go for the Hardcover or Paperback formats.
Nothing beats the smell of papers, flipping the pages, highlighting with a marker, and placing your favorite book on a visible shelf as a reminder of its principles.
Otherwise, get yourself an e-Reader (like Kindle) so that you can open eBooks (PDF, ePUB, azw3).
These are the books that I strongly recommend reading:
- The Lean Startup – How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses.
- Tools of Titans – The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
- Shoe Dog – A Memoir by the Creator of Nike.
- Zero to One – Notes on Start-Ups, or How to Build the Future
- Start with Why – How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action
- Extreme Ownership – How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win